The Pot O’ Gold is a grant available to registered, non-profit organizations in Ontario that work towards promoting Irish culture within the City of Toronto. Information about grant applications is below.
All draws take place live on the Hugo Straney Irish Radiao Show
CHIN Radio AM 1540 (simulcast on 91.9FM) – Sunday 10:00 a.m.
Draw #1 Sunday, January 6, 2019 $1,000.00 Sylvia & Alyson Russell #0050 (Seller: Sylvia Russell)
Draw #2. Sunday, January 20, 2019 $1,000.00 Jaci Bradshaw #0255 (Seller: The Galway Arms)
Draw #3. Sunday, February 3, 2019 $1,500.00 Sean Hart #1151 (Seller: Sean Hart)
Draw #4. Sunday, February 17, 2019 $1,000.00 Annie Kennedy #6086 (Seller: Mike Reilly)
Draw #5. Sunday, March 3, 2019 $1,000.00 Olivia O’Connor #0338 (Seller: Tim O’Connor)
Draw #6. Sunday, March 17, 2019 Trip for 2 to Ireland incl. $500 cash John & Anne McCrossan #0604 (Seller: Maureen Grew)
Draw #7. Sunday, March 31, 2019 $1,000.00 Colman McSweeney #0691 (Seller: Con O’Connell)
Draw #8. Sunday, April 14, 2019 $1,000.00 Denis O’Keeffe #0528 (Seller: Paul Farkas)
Draw #9. Sunday, April 28, 2019 $2,500.00 Margaret Mahlenbrei #0726 (Seller: Susan Sweeney)
Draw #10. Sunday, May 12, 2019 $1,000.00 Le Cheile Camogie Club #1099 (Seller: Toronto GAA)
Draw #11. Sunday, May 26, 2019 $1,000.00 Mary Molony #0341 (Seller: Tim O’Connor)
Draw #12. Sunday, June 9, 2019 $1,000.00 Patricia & Kevin Kelly #1057 (Seller: Mary Kelly)
Draw #13. Sunday, June 23, 2019 Trip for 2 to Orlando, Florida Sylvia Molinaro #0198 (Seller: Colleen Lennon)
Draw #14. Sunday, July 7, 2019 $1,000.00 Andrea Teele #0353 (Seller: Rory O’Shea)
Draw #15. Sunday, July 21, 2019 $1,000.00 Debbie Murphy #0927 (Seller: Joanne Mullan)
Draw #16. Sunday, August 4, 2019 $1,500.00 Jim Dwyer #0561 (Seller: Paul Farkas)
Draw #17. Sunday, August 18, 2019 $1,000.00 Candice Steciuk Heffernan #0259 (Seller: Wendy Curran)
GRANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Applicant must be a registered, non-profit organization in Ontario, with the express purpose of promoting Irish Culture within the City of Toronto.
- Proceeds from Grants must be used in Toronto, for projects promoting Irish Culture within Toronto.
- The project must contain a substantial proportion of volunteer labour.
- Grant Recipients must be pre-approved by Toronto City Lottery Licensing Department.
- Applicant must apply in writing to the I.C.S.T. Grants Committee citing specific details of the proposed project by July 31st of the preceding year.
- Applicant will be required to send one or two representatives to a Grants Committee Meeting if requested, to discuss their project.
- Applicant must be prepared to submit any documentation of their organization that the Grants Committee may deem necessary to reach a decision.
- Applicants are eligible for one grant per year. Maximum grant $10,000.00
Grant Applications are dealt with in stages prior to a grant being awarded.
- Grant Applications received are taken under consideration at a meeting of the Executive of the Irish Cultural Society of Toronto to determine their merit and to determine whether they should be considered by the Toronto City Lottery Licensing Department for approval.
- A meeting of the Toronto City Lottery Licensing Department and Michael Hurley, Co-Chair of the Pot O’Gold Lottery, is held in the Summer of each year.
- Grant Applications pre-approved by the Toronto City Lottery Licensing Department are taken under consideration by the Executive of the Irish Cultural Society of Toronto and Michael Hurley, Co-Chair of the Pot O’Gold Lottery, at a Grants Meeting held in the Spring of each year.